So you have Chosen a Mortal, Ghoul, Dhampir or Sorcerer. The following is the basic rules for character creation. For more in depth Rules please read the White Wolf source books; "Ghouls Fatal Addiction" "Time of Thin Blood" and "Sorcerer Revised".The First Step
A sheet may be a useful way to keep track of things. Here's a basic rundown of what is required.
* Give us a name to call you by!
* Player: That'd be you, precious. If you don't want to give your real name to the creepy internet people, then don't; just give the same name for each character sheet you submit so you don't go exploding the Storytellers' heads; that's just impolite.
* Fill in the blank with your Domitors name, clan and generaton 'IF' you are a Ghoul next.
* Natures/Demeanors: Now you have to pick a nature and a demeanor for your character. The nature of your character is the true personality; the demeanor is the façade they throw up to confuse the world. However, natures and demeanors can be the same, in some cases.
* Haven: Describe your domicile/residence/pad/digs/crib/cave/ditch near the highway/section of sewer.
* Concept: Sum your big, long character history into one or two words. Heartbreaking, I know. The Next Step
Now you get to put dots in things! Thrilling, no? You've got three attribute groups here: Physical, Social, and Mental. Now it's time for you to prioritize.
* Your primary group gets 6 dots for you to spend in...
* Secondary gets 4...
* and tertiary, as one might expect, gets a measly 3.
Spend your magical dots of goodness wisely, and be warned that should you put 5 dots in any one category, you had best have a good reason as to why prepared when you submit your character for ST approval.
(Note: Every attribute begins at 1, unless you happen to Flaw stating otherwise; These beginning dots DO NOT count against your spends, which is awesome. Any Attribute of 4 or five (except appearance) must be explained in the background. The step after that step [b]
Here you get to slap more dots around, and this is where your character truly begins to flesh out, so to speak. Once again, you are required to prioritize your groups:
* Primary group gets a lucky 11 dots to spread around.
* Secondary group gets less at a mere 7 dots...
* Tertiary group fails at a depressing 4 dots.
Should you put 3, 4, or 5 dots in any one group, please explain why you did so on your submission sheet, so the ST's can decide if it is warranted. If you don't, you may not be approved, and you can't come crying to me about it because I'm on the internet and I don't give a rat's ass.
Oh, and before I forget: Magical Secondary Abilities!
Yes, you can create specialized abilities and spend dots on them, same as you would your main abilities.
Say you want to make an icy Norse Gangrel priestess; that's all well and good. However, you'd like her to be very, very skilled at stabbing people about the face and neck with Icicles: Great, go for it! Make your specialized ability 'Stabbing people with icicles', which, incidentally, sounds kind of awesome. However, the dots you put in here only work if you are ventilating an innocent person with said icicle, and not, say, a knife, axe, piece of wood, or teacup. Rolls using your secondary ability in this way are at a -2 difficulty. This does use up your abilities dots, so be careful. (*note: we actually don't allow combat secondaries; op is just too lazy to rewrite the description)
[b]Another Step to Needlessly Complicate Things
Now you get to figure out your advantages! Hooray! More stuff to piddle around with! Here is the piddling in question:
* Backgrounds: You have 5 dots total to spend here spend them wisely, and yes, you do have to explain why you chose these backgrounds when you submit your character.
Generation is Limited to 9th or higher <max of four points> unless approved.
* Mortals don't start with Disciplines, Paths/Numina. So please ignore this step
* Dhampir's Disciplines: Dhampir's start with 1 dot in Potence and one other Discipline of your choice. STs have final approval. The other Discipline need to be explained in the starting character's lineage or another given reason.
* Ghouls Disciplines: Ghouls start with 1 dot in Potence and 1 dot in another Discipline and yes, they have to be a disciplines that is possessed by your Domitor (remember STs have the final say). If you have no idea what the clan disciplines are, please consult the corresponding wiki page Vampire Disciplines that was made just for you by the magical internet fairies.
o Any discipline of two or more, or out-of-clan disciplines purchased with freebies must be explained as well.
The following table shows you the maximum Discipline Level your Ghoul can based on the generation of the Vampiric blood your Ghoul is ingesting.
| Domitor's Gen || Max Discipline Level|
| 13th-11th || 1 |
| 10th-9th|| 2 |
| 8th-7th|| 2 |
* Dhampir's can only ever gain one point of a Discipline, the only way they can get a second is if they become a ghoul
* Sorcerer Paths: Sorcerers start with 5 dots of Paths/Numnia, Rituals, Foci. Sorcery Paths/Psychic Numnia
o Any Path/Numnia of three or more purchased with freebies must be explained as well.
* Virtues: (Ghoul, Dhampir and Mortals Only, Sorcerers do not have Virtues) You've 7 dots to toss about in here, and each virtue begins at 1. Trust me, you shall grow to love these virtues in time.
* Resonance Trait: All Sorcerers start with 1 dot, this is your magical Signature, so any one tracing or reading magical residue can see this. You can Choose one form the following. Dynamic (energetic), Entropic (chaotic, discordant) or Static (unchanging) Yet Another Step, Does it Never End?!
And here's the delightfully fun part. You get to choose merits and flaws for your character from the Vampire/Dhampir/Ghouls/Mortals/Others Merits and Flaws list (Ghouls, Dhampir and Sorcerer lists incomplete). For your edification, I shall explain to you how this process functions:
* Your flaw pool begins at 0. Lovely number, very rounded.
o You can slap down as many flaws as you want; the number will be added to said flaw pool. However, only seven points of these flaws count. Anything extra is just gravy.
* You can then spend these babies to buy merits, which are awesome.
o You may buy more merits than you have flaw points. For example, if you only took a single, 1 point flaw, you could purchase for yourself a 5 point merit.
* If, for some inexplicable reason, you have points in your flaw pool and don't feel like using them to buy merits, you can add those to your FREEBIE POINTS explained in this next step.
(Note: Yes, you DO have to explain merits and flaws when you submit your sheet. Don't whine to me. I don't care.) Another Step, and We're Finally Winding Down
* Humanity (Ghouls, Dhampir and Mortals Only): To fill this puppy out, add your conscience and self control virtues together.
* Willpower: It's all courage, baby. No, seriously; your initial willpower, for ghouls and Mortals, is exactly the same as your current courage, score at this point. Sorcerers However start with 5 dots of Willpower and go form there.
* Blood pool Ghouls Only: Depends on the amount of vampiric blood ingested. Ten blood points total, However the stomach can hold an extra three, this is total blood saturation and can be a bad thing. Please consult the book 'Ghouls Fatal Addiction' for the rules.
* Dhampir Blood Pools: Dhampir's have a natural Blood Pool of 10, they regenerate there blood as a rate of one a day. They can ingest Vampiric blood to rejuvenate this but then they become ghouls (Please read Time of Thin Blood p82 for the detailed rules)
* Freebie Points: You get 21 of these beauties, not including any extra you got from the flaw pool points that you neglected to spend on merits. The list below shows how many freebie points each particular thing costs; Keep track of this on your submission sheet, so your ST can see what you did.
* Dhampir's get a whopping 18 Freebie Points only.
The following Table is the Freebie Costs for Ghouls, Dhampir Sorcerers and Mortals.
THE FINAL STEP
| Stat || Cost |
| Attribute || 5 per dot |
| Ability || 2 per dot |
| Path/Numina || 7 per dot |
| Ritual || 3 per ritual |
| Discipline || 10 per dot |
| Background || 1 per dot |
| Virtue || 2 per dot |
| Humanity || 1 per dot |
| Willpower || 1 per dot |
And now....you're almost done! Type up your explanations for your abilities, merits, flaws, etc. As well as your character background. You will also need to type up whatever equipment your character might be carrying around with them at any given time. When you've finally accomplished this daunting task, you may send all of your Word, Notepad, etc. documents to email@example.com
And then loiter around in the #RA_OOC channel for a while. You'll be contacted by an ST, who will go over your character with you, let you know if you've been approved or denied, discuss things and help you as best they can (because unlike your favorite wiki editor, here, they aren't horrible jerks) Do us all a favor, however: Don't get ignorant with the ST's. They are here to help you and to keep the game fun for everybody. Engaging in dickery will get you nowhere.
Aaaand....there you have it! Enjoy sowing the seeds of chaos and destruction wherever the iron-clad boot of your character may tread. Just be certain to watch yourself....